Connect with us

Help needed with Weather Station

Discussion in 'Radio and Wireless' started by Happichap, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Happichap

Happichap

Jul 21, 2019
    Hello, I am trying to "fix" a weather station which I bought back in 2007 ! The internal aerial has become detached inside and I cannot see where from. There is a small coil of copper wire to which a capacitor (?) is attached and I wonder if that is part of the tuning circuit? Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated ......thanks in advance. Picture attached if this would help ?

Regards

2. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    Welcome to EP!
    Awaiting the pic. It needs to be close up, well lit and sharply focussed.

davenn likes this.
  3. Happichap

Happichap

Jul 21, 2019
    Hello Alec, you must have been waiting to help me. Attached is the missing picture, it fell off my Post !
    I am 86 so hope picture is ok, scroll down and all should be "viewable". Hard to believe that my national service was spent servicing airborne radar in the RAF.....1954/6 so most of what I learned has gone !

Regards and thankx for your interest,

Happichap

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009

there is no picture to view .... try uploading again :)

good to hear you are still having fun with electronics at 86 :)

5. Happichap

Happichap

Jul 21, 2019
    Hello Alec attached is the pictu
    Regards and thankx for your interest,

Happichap[/QUOTE]

6. Happichap

Happichap

Jul 21, 2019
    here is the elusive picture, and just hope that one of you guys will be able to help me. Now get the message "problem uploading your file" Is there a size limit for uploads??

7. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    No picture yet.
    Yes, size limits apply, but don't ask me what the limit is. Just try a smaller version. A few 100 kB are usually no problem.

8. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009

Yes there are limits
    use a image resizing program like the free IrfanView or similar resize the image to 800 x 600 and keep the kb size to around 100kb or less

when you are typing a message like I am now, you will see in the lower right of the message screen is a button "Upload a File" click on that
    It will open a window to your desktop or similar place ... select the file you want to upload and lick on the "OPEN" button in the lower right of that window

ALL that is AFTER you do your image resizing :)

Dave

Ask a Question