Connect with us

Help needed in making a RF tx - rx Pair

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by pateljayam, Jun 28, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. pateljayam

pateljayam

Jun 28, 2012
    Hello friends,
    i want to make a simple transmitter receiver pair which works on rf signals.
    the circuit i desire has to be low powered.... say around 3-5V and also the cost should be low.

I have already made a pair using an ASK modules which are available in the market, but the power drainage in the ideal condition is very high.
    I dont mine if the transmitter requires high power just i want my transmitter to as thin as possible for which i want to use a normal button cell battery CR 2032.

Also if anyone knows how to reduce the voltage drain please suggest me a solution.

Please help me out!!!!

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    How about you tell us what you want to do.

3. CocaCola

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
    There is a contradiction there... The 2032 coin cell is only 3.3 volts and the continuous MAX drain is rated at about 3-4mA, typical is 2mA or less... You can pulse drain them at about 12-15mA but not for long... They are simply not going to supply any sizable current for any length of time...

The reason they work in car remotes and such is that it's an infrequent, very short transmission burst, if you want continuous data or frequent burst forget about it you need a bigger battery...

If you want thin with actual power, you will likely have the best luck with lipo flat packs like those found in cell phones...

Ask a Question