Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help needed Black & Decker TR0692 Toaster button will not remain engaged Help Please

undecided

Nov 15, 2013
Black & Decker TR0692 Toaster button will not remain engaged. When i press the toast button the light will come on and the elements start to get hot. when i release my finger the button should remain engaged until finished toasting, but instead when i lift my finger the button pops right back up. :(

i found this post and thought, yes thats it....
https://www.electronicspoint.com/bl...oast-switch-repair-tro360-tro200-t229946.html

however, i tested the diodes on the board and the all worked but one. one of them read 0.53 V when tested + to - ; then read 0.94V when read - to +
the other 4 diodes read 0.53 V when tested + to - ; then read OL - to +

so i went and bought the diode to replace. took out the old one and retested and it read 0.53 V when tested + to - ; then read OL - to +!!!!

so replaced it, and toaster was same, still the button would not stay down. so not that diode.....

Looking i see that there is one connection that looks funny not sure what this part is or how to test it....please see the photos I am attaching

Attachments

• burned circuit toaster.jpg
    burned circuit toaster.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 230
  • toaster circuit board black box.jpg
    toaster circuit board black box.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 648

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
When you measure a diode in circuit, you are measuring both the diode and the circuit so you can get the wrong answer.

The black box is a relay driven by 12V DC and capable of changeover switching of 6A or 15A depending on voltage. You may be able to hear it click.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
in your pic 1, you have circled a dry joint. The solder on this joint needs to be removed and fresh solder applied.
Use a solder sucker, solder wick etc to remove the old solder as you heat it up

Dave

undecided

Nov 15, 2013
in your pic 1, you have circled a dry joint. The solder on this joint needs to be removed and fresh solder applied.
Use a solder sucker, solder wick etc to remove the old solder as you heat it up

Dave

I did This!!!! i thought the part might be bad, but decided what the heck and resoldered without any testing. Oh the joy after the frustration! the button works!!

wondering why that the solder let go there?

the other thing is that when i depress the button, if i want to cancel it, i simply open the door. it lifts the little contact strips and shut off. the left contact strip was sparking a lot. I cleaned out all of the crumbs and the sparks are much smaller, and don't happen every time....see the pic of the bar and then the video shows the spark.--well i guess i cannot add video

can anyone advise if this needs to be addressed or if it is normal?

Attachments

• IMG_20131115_174628.jpg
    IMG_20131115_174628.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

undecided

Nov 15, 2013
When you measure a diode in circuit, you are measuring both the diode and the circuit so you can get the wrong answer.

I think that is why the diode tested wonky even though it was fine, the relay in question was in that circuit....could be wrong though

thank you