Connect with us

help me to identify this microcontroller . please

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by Rafael, Jul 15, 2014.

please identify this microcontroller

Poll closed Jul 22, 2014.
  1. rasberry pi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. arduino

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Scroll to continue with content
  1. Rafael

Rafael

Jul 15, 2014
    [​IMG]

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    How about neither?

It would be easier t tell if you had a decent picture though.

3. Gryd3

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
    Have you googled what a Raspberry Pi or most Arduino look like?
    The Raspi model A/B and the new B+ look nothing like this.
    It may be closer to an Arduino.... but only for the fact that there are numerous products out there calling themselves Xduino.
    What I do see however is that there are two of them, and they both appear to be wireless, although the type is unknown... WiFi... Bluetooth?

The closest thing I can think of that may have a similar function is XBee.

Where did you get the picture, and what are you trying to do?

Edit: This is a very poor post.
    No details are given for intended use, current use, the source of the image, nada.
    The poll is poorly thought out as there are many more choices.. Why is Arduino and the Raspi the only option? You could though a PIC or ATTiny in there... or if you want another SoC a beaglebone black or a BananaPi

4. Rafael

Rafael

Jul 15, 2014
    thank you for your reply mr.gryd3 . they are wireless and they transferring data using radio frequency. i just get this picture in . i have a thesis topic and we are going to apply the video in youtube.

sorry for poor post. im a newbie. i just use those two option because they are the most commonly use. and i just use those two to post this topic because before you post a thread you must add polls. i dont any idea what device they use in the video. i hope you can help me. thanks to your time. i well appreciated it .

5. Rafael

Rafael

Jul 15, 2014
    sir if you dont mind. i have another question. my thesis topic is instantaneous linear measuring device using radio frequency. but we dont have any idea what device should be better use for that. ..are arduino and rasberry pi can do those thing. are they capable of that?

6. Gryd3

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
    Well... I'm going to ignore the video/pictures that were put up as it sounds like it is the idea that you are after and not the actual microprocessor in the video.

For your reference. Here are a bunch of Arduino Boards:
    http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Products?from=Main.Hardware
    and some shields to be attached to them:
    http://store.arduino.cc/category/5

These are the two original Raspberry Pi models:
    http://downloads.element14.com/raspberryPi1.html

These are common devices but for two different reasons.
    The RaspberryPi is usually run as a small Linux computer and is commonly used for media purposes.
    (The RaspberryPi can be directly programmed like any other microcontroller
    The Arduino is commonly used like traditional microcontrollers but tends to be more user friendly.

You are going to need a wireless shield or module that adds on to whatever device you are programming. The kicker here though is that you need the device to be consistent in it's replies. Jitter will introduce an error in your measurements. There are RF shields available for Arduino if you want to go that route, and there are devices like the XBee that can assist in making devices wireless.

Do you have any ideas on how you are building, running, or displaying results for your project?

7. shumifan50

shumifan50

Jan 16, 2014
    The intention of a thesis is that you do your own research. It would be reasonable to ask for help here if you have a problem with a specific part or circuit design. We don't need graduates that need forums to solve their problems, so go and do some research and design and then ask questions that show you have put in some effort.

(*steve*) and Gryd3 like this.
  8. Gryd3

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Ask a Question