Maker Pro
Maker Pro

help me plz

abdallah

Jun 22, 2016
what is the diffrence between ((N-Channel HEXFET Power MOSFET)) and (((N-Channel Power MOSFETE))) and can be replaced ??

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Hexfet is just a manufacturer's designation for the way they have created the mosfet.

In general, high current low Rds(on) mosfets are constructed by making many smaller mosfets an wiring them in parallel on the die. The challenge is to reduce the gate charge and one manufacturer has called their method "hexfet".

As long as you have similar specifications, mosfets are likely to be suitable replacements.

The skill cooked in determining which specifications are important in a particular circuit.

abdallah

Jun 22, 2016
thank you for help but i want to know if irfr014 can be replaced by irf540 or irfbc40?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Why the "but"? You didn't ask that question.

Ok... I'll take a look.

Irf540 - this I larger and has a higher gate charge. If switching speed is important, it may not be a good choice. Also the turn on turn off times are significantly different. If the ratio of one to the other is important, this may be a poor choice.

Irfbc40: This has a far higher Rds(on) which may make it unsuitable if voltage drop or power dissipation is an issue. This is in addition to the higher gate charge (with the same arguments as above). The continuous drain current is lower -- a problem if current is high. Similar issues with turn on and off times and delays as above.

As to whether they are a suitable replacement, I would need to know far more about how they are being used.

abdallah

Jun 22, 2016
can you give me mosfet name i can find in store could be replace with

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Can you tell me what the important specifications are?

Can you show me a circuit diagram?

Can you tell me what device the mosfet is in and what function it performs?

Without at least one of these I have no hope of answering you in a way that is reasonably guaranteed to be correct. Depending on the answers you give me, I may require more information.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
You could also go to http://alltransistors.com/mosfet, search for the IRFR014, select it, click on the "transistor equivalent substitute" link, blank out the package type and hit search.

This does not compare all specifications, but it does compare many of them. It should give you a longer list to compare if (for some reason) you can't answer my questions.