Connect with us

HELP ME PLEASE......

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Zuhaib12345, May 31, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Zuhaib12345

Zuhaib12345

May 31, 2015
    Can somebody please tell me..
    For eg: - i started building up circuits i can make it by seeing.... But what if i want to make it on my own... I want to know how to get know what value of dieeferent components to be used in our circuit.. And for eg: -. Want to use a transistor there are a lots of transistor avaiable how will i know which one to use... And then what resistance capacitance etc to use with it..
    Please help

Bach Long likes this.
  2. GeoffC

GeoffC

Mar 11, 2013
    Hello Zuhaib,

I can’t really help you, much as I would like to. I think first you need to know about current flow, and ‘Ohms Law’. There is a book called ‘Make Electronics’ You will need a bread-board, as the book will teach you using the bread-board. The book ‘Making Electronics’ is on Amazon.com (About £15), and so is the bread-board. The bread-board is a circuit board that can be used over and over again.

Geoff.

Bach Long likes this.
  3. Zuhaib12345

Zuhaib12345

May 31, 2015
    Thank you for your answer.
    BUT I WANT TO TELL YOU I HAVE DONE DIPLOMMA IN ECE and. IAM WELL AWARE OF THESE THING U TOLD ME... AND I HAVE IT ALSO...

4. GeoffC

GeoffC

Mar 11, 2013
    To: Zuhaib

Sorry! - All I can say is your ‘DIPLOMMA IN ECE’ should have all your answers.

Geoff.

Gryd3 likes this.
  5. brevor

brevor

Apr 9, 2013
    Do you still have your textbooks? Maybe you can review some of your lessons to refresh your memory.

6. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    plus lots and lots of practical experience

Dave

7. Ratch

Ratch

Mar 10, 2013
    Help you with what? We cannot give you a complete course in electrical technology. Time and space only allow answers to specific related questions. Do you have any questions about understanding a particular concept?

Ratch

8. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    Clearly, the course that led to the award of "DIPLOMMA IN ECE" was somewhat deficient in preparing students for the real world of electronics. None of us here is able to correct that. Sorry for your bad luck, but as @Ratch said, if you ask specific questions we will try to help you understand specific concepts.

It helps if you explain exactly what you want to do rather than assume whatever approach you have found is the correct path.

Years ago, in recommending people to hire, I paid less attention to what papers or awards they claimed to have earned and more attention to what they actually knew and had accomplished. It didn't take a long conversation to sift the few kernels of wheat from the chaff. Once in a while I found an un-cut diamond-in-the-rough, so to speak: intelligent, articulate, moderate experience, willing to learn, but without a "paper ticket" saying they were "qualified". Never mind! I was willing to train such an individual and would recommend them for hire. It didn't always work out, since we hired by committee. And some I thought were good ones got away.

My advice to you is to lurk here, read the threads that interest you, and then ask specific questions related to understanding the thread. Not all threads have satisfactory answers.

9. donkey

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
    wow this thread opened my eyes, even after a course that I assume takes 4 years, some people still are only just beginners.
    mate best of luck to you in finding what you need. My only input into this thread is design the end product and figure out how it works.
    when you cook food you say "I am going to cook calamari" then you get the ingredients. I think you are looking at what components you have and stuck on what to build
    also experiment.... if a transistor doesn't work try another, and another, if that's what you are sure goes in there.

10. ramussons

ramussons

Jun 10, 2014
    From which Institute please.

11. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    I just re-read your original post and the answers that followed. Perhaps we have a language problem here. I have no idea what your electronics background is, why you decided to study for and receive a diploma in ECE (whatever that means), or where you want to go in an electronics career. But know this: we learn and build technology on the works of those who precede us. Learn what others have done before trying to "make it on my own."

You must learn the history of circuits (any circuit) to fully understand how they came into existence, how they were developed, and how those circuits are used today. Not all at once of course, and not every circuit in existence, just the circuits that interest you at the moment. Components change, become obsolete, are replaced with other more suitable components throughout the history of any particular circuit, which I define here as a functional element. For example, point-contact transistors are not used today but point-contact diodes still are (to a limited extent). Find out what happened between the invention of the first point-contact transistor and the millions of transistor types available today. Find out why IGBTs were invented, how they differ from power MOSFETs, IGFETs, and power BJTs. Find out, from what others have done, when and why you would choose one over the other for a particular circuit design. Learn about the frequency and power limitations of transistors. Why are vacuum tube TWTs and BWOs still manufactured and used today?

You can learn a lot by reading peer-reviewed texts and articles, but IMO the best way to learn is to find a mentor who already has the knowledge and experience you wish to obtain. In amateur radio, such a person is called an Elmer, but they exist in every field of endeavor. I have had several mentors over a decades-long career. Sometimes I mentor others. Find a mentor, work with him or her to discover what you don't know and learn from that discovery. It never ceases to amaze me the number of people who "know" things that simply are not true. A good mentor will help correct this.

73 de AC8NS
    Hop

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    Arouse1973 likes this.
Ask a Question