Connect with us

Help me on this circuit formula pls

Discussion in 'Electronics Homework Help' started by amidis86, Sep 27, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. amidis86

amidis86

Jul 17, 2012
    Hello, i got assigment on calculate volt for each resistor. In the circuit given have Current value, resistor value and volt for batery value. I confiuse because there have two batery on the circuit. Here the circuit :

[​IMG]

V = IR so :

A to B = 2.0ohm x 8
    = 16 v

A to C = (2.0ohm + 1.0ohm) x 8
    = 3.0ohm x 8
    = 24 v

A to D = (2.0 + 1.0 + 1.5) x 8
    = 4.5ohm x 8
    = 36 v

This is right?

2. duke37

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
    That is the voltage drop across the resistors but you have forgotten to include the batteries.

3. MrEE

MrEE

Apr 13, 2012
    One should be careful on how to interpret the question, or for the instructor on how to pose the question. If the question is to calculate the voltage across each resistor, then the batteries don't matter, but if the intention is to calculate voltages at various points with respect to a fixed reference ( usually the ground or GND) then that is another question. Based on the drawing it seems that everything is measured with respect to point A in which case point C needs to take into account the first (36V) battery, and point D needs to take into account both batteries. Let's leave it to amidis86 to solve this and get the final answer.

4. nges

nges

Feb 21, 2014
    i think a schematic diagram will really help in the intepretation of the question

Ask a Question