Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help me keep manufacturing in Australia!

niftynev

Mar 20, 2010
Hi guys. I build & repair ozone generators for my boss here in oz, that we export as well as supply to Australia, & I'd REALLY like to keep my job here! We make real good gear & I like that! There's only 4 or 5 of us, if you include the bosses dog, so we're not a large company!

Anyway, our manufacturer/supplier is going to send us one LAST large shipment of Extra High Tension (EHT) transformers before they cease operation, & after that we won't be able to get our EHT's from them ever again! Nope nothin. D'oh!

They are the kind of transformer that the 'old' heavy glass picture-tube type black & white TV's usually had. White plastic. Kinda looking like a little space shuttle sitting with it's tail on the pcb, with a thick pink or orange EHT anode cable emerging from its 'nose cone'. In the old tv's there was often a 2 inch diameter grey silicon suction cup - insulator - EHT terminal holder device on the end of this cable. Ours just have the plain bare wire. With our EHT's, you can see the gunmetal coloured ferrite part that loops around the coils, & underneath the EHT's there are 10 pins emerging from the white epoxy in a horseshoe shape.

In the H.V. supplies we use these EHT's in, they must be able to supply a continuous 10mm arc or they're not working properly! They are tested with great care! Hehe!

Of course they don't make that sort of tv any more, so the EHT market would have taken a dive with the lcd/led tv's we have now. Sadly our little factory couldn't keep the EHT factory afloat.

These EHT's are a central & crucial part of our ozone generators, so we're gonna have to eventually design a brand new 8 - 10kV power supply using a different EHT which aint easy. It would require an electronics engineer/designer for that I guess to do it properly. A bit outa my league - I'm only a tech.

My question is - does anyone know of any EHT makers or suppliers? - from anywhere really if they're up to spec etc. Maybe custom designs?

ANY info on getting EHT's, diy eht's, I dunno. Neon signs need a few kV don't they? I should look into that. Also automotive manufacturers need eht's of some sort for car ignitions still, as far as I know.

So yeah, we're in a real bind. Any help would be greatly appreciated - & keep me in a job!

Chemelec

Jul 12, 2016
You could manufacture your own flyback transformers.
I Do.
Or if you give me more details of the one your presently using, Possibly I could make them for your company.
I suggest you Email me: (chemelec at Hotmail.com)

Want to Talk?
Australia is a FREE Call for me.