Connect with us

Help me identify this

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by FiddlerontheCircuit, Nov 14, 2018.

1. FiddlerontheCircuit

FiddlerontheCircuit

Nov 14, 2018
    I'm trying to figure out what this is, I cannot find items similar on Google.
    It's a red plastic key, no "key teeth" but has what looks like a Sim card at the end of the key. "Sim card" has 6 segments to it, the other side has a groove. Held above a light there are no other components inside the key. IMG_20181114_102120928~2.jpg IMG_20181114_103634197~2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2018
  2. Minder

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
    It looks to me like a E-stop override or operator for a E-stop limit switch.
    These are used on CNC M/C operator doors etc and must operate the switch(s) inside sequentially.
    If not, it bears a striking resemblance.
    Where did you get it?
    M.

3. FiddlerontheCircuit

FiddlerontheCircuit

Nov 14, 2018
    Haven't a clue where I aquired it, found it in a box full of odds and ends and other keys.
    Thank you for your aid in figuring out what it could be, still cannot locate a pic on Google but if that's what it is than I've not got a use for it :p

4. Minder

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
    Found a relevant article but too large to upload! :(.
    M.

5. FiddlerontheCircuit

FiddlerontheCircuit

Nov 14, 2018
    Can the link be copied and pasted into here then I can C&P into my browser?

Ask a Question