Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help me choose a project

Gautham J

Nov 30, 2014
Could anyone help me with a variety topic,not so big, for an electronics project...?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I have no idea what your asking for. Why not post your question and we'll tell you if we can help.

Gautham J

Nov 30, 2014
See I wanted you people to tell me some good topics for my electronics project....i have searched some sites...but the topics are too common.I want something new.....

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Oh, OK. I recommend you do something based on your interests and/or needs. What are you interested in and is there anything that affects you or your community (etc) that you think you could work on solving?

What level project is this (high school, university, etc., and is it a small project, or a final project?) as this will determine the complexity and degree of difficulty that would be expected.

And are you a really good student, or do you struggle? You might not want to take on something too difficult (in either case) but you should consider what you can practically achieve.

Are there any guidelines for the choice of project?

I'll also move this thread to a more appropriate place.

Gautham J

Nov 30, 2014
Thanku sir..,Now I'm doing my 2nd year btech in electronics and communication engineering.It is a semester project and not a final project.No guidelines are there.I was expecting a project like you said,something that could be used to solve any issues in the community.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
OK, here's a couple of ideas but they might not apply to the area where you live. (and they might not be a good fit for your skills or interests either)

1) Grid connect inverters have a limited number of inputs (often only 1 or 2). If arrays are in different orientation they cannot be placed in series or parallel and should be places on separate inputs to the inverter.

If you have a limited roof space you may be limited in the number of panels you can place in a single orientation, but have insufficient panels to justify an inverter with multiple inputs.

What is required is a circuit that will allow multiple arrays (perhaps of differing orientation and/or size) to be connected to a single input of an inverter in such a way that all arrays can achieve their maximum output.

2) Solar panels can supply power to run household appliances, but perhaps not satisfy peak power requirements and they don't work at night. Traditional options involve either a battery bank or a grid connect inverter. Both of these are expensive additions to an array of solar panels. Some jurisdictions may not allow grid connect inverters.

What is required is a simple circuit which will efficiently power an appliance from solar power, but draw any excess power that may be required from the mains.

For some switch mode devices this might be achieved by creating a high voltage DC rail (say 400V) from the solar panel, and supplementing it from the mains if it ever drops below (say) 350V. The problem is with appliances that cannot be powered from DC. Can they be powered *efficiently* using as much solar energy as is possible without either backfeeding into the mains or wasting more energy than is generated? Square wave, modified square wave, or sine wave?