Connect with us

help in emergency system

Discussion in 'Electronics Homework Help' started by mohd9011, Aug 4, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. mohd9011

mohd9011

Mar 30, 2013
    hi

i finished my project it's a toy boat that can travel from place to place by itself - using GPS tracking system - and avoiding any obstacle on its way - using ultrasound sensor - but i want to add a a system where i can track it's movement and if any thing goes wrong i can send some kind of signal that make the ship go to the nearest land.

thank you :)

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    You already have the GPS system on board. Add a radio transceiver that transmits the actual GPS coordinates every few seconds (or minutes) or if a certain distance has been travelled by the boat. Receive these signals and log the coordinates to create a map of the route.
    Alternatively, if you don't need the coordinates online, just add a GPS tracker to the boat.

Sending the signal is the easy part. Any remote control can do that. The interesting art is finding the nearest land. Do you have any idea how to do this?
    A wild guess from my side: you'd need a map on board the ship where land and water are clearly marked. From the current GPS coordinates you can calculate the path to land and have the boat come ashore. You will need some computing power on board the boat. Maybe something like a raspberry Pi?

Ask a Question