Connect with us

Help in designing a timer circuit

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Aidin, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Aidin

Aidin

Sep 24, 2014
    Hi everyone,

New here and I have done some basic electronics but 15 years ago now and I just cannot remember much! I am trying to design a circuit (quite urgent as I should have done it 2 weeks ago now!) which does the following:

Toggle switch on which then sets a 45 or 60 second timer (it would be cool if I could have a display timer if it's simple but not important. I would like a sound output too (beeping as loud as I can get) for this during the timing.

I would like flashing LEDs in red x3 during the timing too.

Now here is the part that's important. I would like a separate push to hold for 5 second switch which will switch the timer off. I also want it so that the toggle switch CANNOT switch off the timer. Only the push to hold.

I would like an indicator that shows unsuccessful switch off by push to hold or timer up too.

I know I'm asking a lot by saying can someone design this for me, but I have just forgotten completely. I would be grateful.

I can implement it though here is another question, how do you do the printed circuit board at home? I mean printing the tracks etc, not putting the components on :p. I don't have the facilities but can probably get certain things if not too expensive to print the circuit board.

Appreciate the help

2. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    Hi there and welcome to Electronics Point.

This sounds like an application for a microcontroller.

You could try defining your requirements clearly and post a job offer on http://www.freelancer.com.

3. Aidin

Aidin

Sep 24, 2014
    Hi and thanks,

What if I instead have a simple circuit which switches off after 45 seconds but still have 2 switches (I will hide the toggle and have the push to hold to switch off within the timing?

Can I not use a 555 astable?? I want to keep it simple.

4. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
Ask a Question