Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help in Building a good Music system..!!

sahilq

Dec 8, 2012
Hey everyone,
So Basically I want to create a good subwoofer or base box. Pls help me as my budget is low and i also want to build it myself so to learn something new during holidays.
I have almost all engineering material like soldering iron,etc etc.. pls tell the req. things and how to make a good basebox and a subwoofer to put in it.
Thnx for helping..

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
are you looking for a car stereo subwoofer system or a home theater?
What is your "low budget"?
Are you wanting to have the crossover circuitry and amplifier as part of the box or do you already have those?
What size subwoofer would you be looking for?

jimmyhackers

Mar 7, 2013
typical helpfull answer there

use heavy dense wood/material for the box. line the inside with foam, fluff, cloth.
the heavier/denser your box the more crisp/clear your sound is.

make sure the woofer rear vent hole is pointing in the opposite direction from the subwoofer direction. you can place baffles inbetween the rear of the cone and rear vent for extra dankness.

generously glue then screw the box together. the gernous glue helps make sure there are no gaps between wood etc so when under sound loads the compressive force the screws is exerting doesnt result in wood creaking

as for the speaker and amp.........i retrofitted a pc one to a much better box (as described) and this made it sound even better,

the thing that lets most speakers down is thecheap box and loose wires etc. they are built to a budget and poorly at that .they fuzz and vibrate.

so generally the thing you retrofit wont get any louder.....it will just sound better quality when you do turn it up loud.

hope that helps

Last edited by a moderator:

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
typical helpfull answer there

use heavy dense wood/material for the box. line the inside with foam, fluff, cloth.
the heavier/denser your box the more crisp/clear your sound is.

make sure the woofer rear vent hole is pointing in the opposite direction from the subwoofer direction. you can place baffles inbetween the rear of the cone and rear vent for extra dankness.

generously glue then screw the box together. the gernous glue helps make sure there are no gaps between wood etc so when under sound loads the compressive force the screws is exerting doesnt result in wood creaking

as for the speaker and amp.........i retrofitted a pc one to a much better box (as described) and this made it sound even better,

the thing that lets most speakers down is thecheap box and loose wires etc. they are built to a budget and poorly at that .they fuzz and vibrate.

so generally the thing you retrofit wont get any louder.....it will just sound better quality when you do turn it up loud.

hope that helps

While this IS how you would go about building one, I am trying to collect more information to better guide you, yes you will need some heavy/thick wood for the box but I don't know what size to recommend for you until I know what size driver you will be planning to use.

In regards to the hole in the back again that depends on placement (car, house, front of room/back of room), size, wattage, etc

Thank you Davenn for the edit and the ban (that was a rather snide and crude remark)

sahilq

Dec 8, 2012
are you looking for a car stereo subwoofer system or a home theater?
What is your "low budget"?
Are you wanting to have the crossover circuitry and amplifier as part of the box or do you already have those?
What size subwoofer would you be looking for?

I want to make basically a home theater type system.i dont have amplifier actually i've just a speaker with subwoofer and 4 another speakers(in pair of 2-2) without subwoofer..
i want to join them and make something that gives high base..
any size would do mine is I think around 12 inch.
i want to create a good music system.