Connect with us

Help identifying switch/connector contacts in a mobile phone

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by dougy.b, Mar 15, 2017.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. dougy.b

dougy.b

Nov 6, 2011
    Hi all, well it's been a while since my last visit but here goes, hoping you can help.

I'm trying to replace a micro switch/connector contacts inside my Samsung S6. It's about 2mm long and has a sprung arm that connects to the body of the phone when it's pressed against it.
    I've got a pic of where it is on the main board inside of an s6 but no closeup I'm afraid.

If anyone knows what it's called so I can search for it and buy some that would be great.

[​IMG]

BTW this isn't my phone ... just a generic pic of it

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2017
  2. dougy.b

dougy.b

Nov 6, 2011
    A better view of what it looks like

[​IMG]

BTW this isn't my phone ... just a generic pic of it

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2017
  3. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    there is no connector within the red circle in the first pic

there is one coax connector in the second pic and what look like 3 switch contacts

they look like and most probably are switches activated by push buttons on the case

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  4. dougy.b

dougy.b

Nov 6, 2011
    They aren't actually push buttons, but the power button does connect to them via a ribbon cable.

The front of the phone pushes against these contacts to make a connection so that the power button on the side of the phone may operate.

My problem being that I don't know what to call them so that I can source new ones.

So would 'switch contacts' be the correct terminology to use in a search?

5. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    OK ... wasn't what they look like ... knowing that earlier would have helped

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  6. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    OK now that that is all tided up and sorted out .... lets move on from here

Ask a Question