Connect with us

Help identifying component

Discussion in 'Electronic Components' started by IOBA, Sep 15, 2005.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. IOBA

    IOBA Guest


    I'm repairing a PM 710 DC Marantz Amplifier

    Fault from the output transistor. the only mark is NEC C 2588

    does anyone know this part and can tell me what to replace with ?

  2. Hi,
    Maybe 2SC2588?

  3. IOBA

    IOBA Guest

    Must be that. still can't find datasheet but I think it was a "good answer"
  4. Franc Zabkar

    Franc Zabkar Guest

    Specs according to my old "Towers International Transistor Selector":

    special package
    L34 pinout (BCE)
    Vce= ?
    Ptot=120W in free air
    hfe=150 typical
    use=AHH (audio, high current, high voltage)
    manf=NIP (NEC)
    EUR equiv= ?
    USA equiv= ?

    NTE used to have an equivalent, NTE33:

    TB-34 case, 15A, Vcb=160V, Vce=160V, Veb=5V,
    hfe=120 min, Pd = 150W, fT=80MHz

    Rockby in Australia have one left at AU$40 (~US$30).

    FYI, NTE34 is the PNP complement to the NTE33.

    -- Franc Zabkar

    Please remove one 'i' from my address when replying by email.
  5. IOBA

    IOBA Guest

    So helpful ! Thanks a lot
  6. IOBA

    IOBA Guest

    OK, it was the good one
    las can't find it, nor equiv.
    HELP which one can I use instead of 2SC2588 ?
  7. Franc Zabkar

    Franc Zabkar Guest

    My vrt databook suggests 2SC2526, 2SC2564, 2SC2565, 2SC2838.

    -- Franc Zabkar

    Please remove one 'i' from my address when replying by email.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day