Connect with us

Help identifying Chinese DC connector

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by miwilson, Sep 28, 2019.

1. miwilson

miwilson

Sep 28, 2019
    Have any of you ever seen this style c connection before, or know it's name? I ordered 4 electronic actuators from China and they came with a weird connector and I'm having a hard time identifying or locating them. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. miwilson

miwilson

Sep 28, 2019
    Also, the actuators were for use in a solar array, and the manufacturer was aware of that. I've spoken with a few solar installers/companies in the US and none of them have ever seen that connection before.

3. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    Hard to tell from such tiny pics, but it looks like a standard barrel connector. They come in various sizes, so you need to know the diameters of the barrel and the internal pin.

4. miwilson

miwilson

Sep 28, 2019
    See if those don't come through a little larger and clearer. It's not a barrel connector, it has a flat bar and a round "pin".

Attached Files:

5. miwilson

miwilson

Sep 28, 2019
    Both the bar and the pin have a small bump protruding a tiny bit from the side (im assuming to help the plug stay in) that you can see in a few of the pics.

6. 73's de Edd

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
    Sir miwilson . . . . .

With your final pictures,
    That . . .to my eye . . . . . looks akin to a male " You-are-a-peein' " DIN speaker connector.

Initially . . . . . consult down a few paragraphs within this reference source . . . . .to Loudspeaker connector . . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIN_connector

Then refer to all of the picture source possibilities within this source, of that type of connector. . . . . .

https://www.google.com/search?q=Eur...7#imgdii=xek1OdvBASArMM:&imgrc=Ri69Q4N2v-vG8M:

One variant being, that your connectors pair seem to be centered within the connector, while the DIN plug has the wide blade centered in the connector.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaasit . . .

73's de Edd . . . . .

Would you believe me . . . . . I've had bad luck with both my wives.
    The first one left me, and the second one didn't.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    davenn likes this.
  7. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009

up agree with Edd .... a pretty common speaker Din connector, sometimes also used as a DC power supply connector
    Some of my Christmas lights have that style

Ask a Question