Connect with us

Help identifying an IC

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by iTQAN, Dec 19, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. iTQAN

iTQAN

Dec 19, 2013
    I need to find a replacement or specs for the IC thats shown in the attached image.

Here's the details:

I'm working on repairing a controller circuit for a frequency up-convertor. I replaced 2 voltage regulators and that fixed the problem partially. The circuit runs for 10 minutes and then alarms with power supply fault (not a hard fault). I traced the problem and I found that the IC shown on the attached image is faulty. I researched the numbers on the IC with no luck finding any info. Any help, tips or ideas to help me out find a suitable replacement would be much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Without assuming any warranty, it could be this part: DS1809

3. iTQAN

iTQAN

Dec 19, 2013
    I'm going to call them tomorrow to verify the numbers. Thank you very much.

4. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    can you verify that the top left pin ( in your pic) goes to supply ... should be 5V + - 0.5 V .... that will possibly confirm it being a DS1809

What makes you think that that chip is faulty ?

Do you have a good understanding of the circuit ? would a DS1809 digital potentiometer be a realistic IC to be in that position ?

cheers
    Dave

5. iTQAN

iTQAN

Dec 19, 2013
    Hi Dave,

I have 3 of them on the circuit and 2 are suspected faulty. The first one works as a digital potentiometer controlling L2941LD surface mount. This one has thermal issue it faults below the specs temp.

Here's a similar digram: http://www.maximintegrated.com/app-notes/index.mvp/id/183

The other one I'm not sure what it does. I didn't have enough time to examine it fully, but pin 1 should show voltage of ~1.25 and thats what I'm seeing on the other 2 DS1809, instead of being shorted to the ground. I'll do more digging and measuring on Monday.

I also contacted Maxim Integrated and am waiting for them to get back to me to verify letter x on the first line and the numbers on the 2nd line.

Thanks,

Ahmed

6. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    OK cool

thanks for that link ---- informative :)

Dave

Ask a Question