Connect with us

Help Identifying a Microswitch

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Daniel Benson, Apr 17, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Daniel Benson

    Daniel Benson

    Apr 17, 2016
    Hello everyone, I'm hoping someone could help me identify the microswitch in the linked pictures. It's from the hi-hat control pedal on my son's electronic drum kit, which is a Techtonic DD502(J) made by Medeli. The kit itself is no longer made, although the company does still produce different kits.

    It's a lever microswitch and part of the lever has broken off (you can see the broken part in one of the pictures). It's PCB mounted (obviously!) and has 6 legs soldered to the board.

    I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction as so far my search has been fruitless. Thanks for any help you can give.


    KeithM likes this.
  2. Minder


    Apr 24, 2015
    It should be relatively simple to shoe horn a miniature Microswitch model.just have to get a little inventive.
    I suspect you may have a problem finding the exact replacement.
    It is after all a simple foot switch.
  3. 73's de Edd

    73's de Edd

    Aug 21, 2015


    Sir Daniel Benson. . . . . . .

    I would just bet that centered under that plastic housing, there is REALLY being a TACT switch.

    Confirm that of your 6 metal tabs that come down from the plastic to be soldered to copper lands on the PCB for mechanical support;
    that four are on the corners and that 2 are in the center and that those center ones route over to the two connecting wires.

    Can you confirm that if you use a fingernail tip that you can still get to an end of either remaining white tab portions and be able to activate the switch.

    That TACT switch should be a momentary contact action that is spring disk loaded to return up when downward pressure is laxed off.

    If still working . . . . .I think that I can tell you how to make a solid mechanical repair . . . no iffy epoxies involved.

    TACT switches are the reliable types that are used in the right and left "clicks" of your mouse and many other places in electonics equipment.


    73's de Edd

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day