Connect with us

Help identifying a diode

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by pjtnascar, Oct 26, 2020.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. pjtnascar

pjtnascar

Oct 26, 2020
    Hi everyone. I am brand new here. I have been working on and restoring antique radios and other electronics for many years. I have a Japanese Pachislo machine that I caused a short in while changing a light bulb. I traced some bad components in a power supply, and found two bad resistors and a bad diode. I would like to replace the bad components and hopefully get the game working.

If any of you know about these machines, it's an Eleco Beast Sapp.

Does anyone know what diode that might be? Is that a critical diode, or would something close work? For scale, that red pointer is a straw from contact cleaner spray.

Attached Files:

2. shrtrnd

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
    Take a magnifying glass and see if you can read any characters that might be inked onto the diode.

davenn likes this.
  3. pjtnascar

pjtnascar

Oct 26, 2020
    I have not been able to see anything, but I plan to remove it for closer inspection.

4. narkeleptk

narkeleptk

Oct 3, 2019
    Maybe just a basic ol' 1n4148

Ask a Question