Connect with us

Help identifying a cracked component - picture link included.

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by [email protected], Mar 9, 2007.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Guest

    Hello all,

    Just wondering if anyone could take a shot at identifying this:

    It's a TO-92 (or very close) type package and came from a Q-Tec 650W
    Triple Fan 24P, item no 14348. The silkscreen has it identified as
    Q4, so I would guess a transistor or related? It cracked when the
    supply blew, all I can read is C. 44 and 447. Maybe someone could
    take a guess at what I think is a manufacturers logo at the top?

    Many thanks
  2. Could be a bipolar transistor or a fet or something else. "Q" is used
    rather loosely as a parts designator. The image didn't help me. Sorry.
  3. Ross Herbert

    Ross Herbert Guest

    Have you tried Q-Tec support?
  4. Guest

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day