Connect with us

Help identifying a component

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by John Dough, Jan 10, 2005.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. John Dough

    John Dough Guest

    I've got a Rasterops Monitor that is faulty. There is a component on the
    power supply section that gets abnormally hot. Can somehelp help me identify
    the component

    On the components casing:

    Its a small black box with 3 pins - I've opened the box and inside is a
    component I've never seen before. I've taken 2 pics of it (front and back):

    Can someone please help me identify it - and what the component is used for.

    Thankk in advance.
  2. Kevin R

    Kevin R Guest

    dont qoute me but it looks like a some sort of crystal perhaps a filter
  3. Bianca

    Bianca Guest

    PTC/NTC for disgaussing picture tube at power on.
    The more hot, the less current: only first minute the disgaussing coil is
    Sometimes they get too hot or have short circuit; need replacing.
  4. John Dough

    John Dough Guest

    Thanks for the info.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day