Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help identify this motor please.

apples

Jul 1, 2012
I have a handful of these motors. They are all pretty much the same.

They spin around when 12V dc is connected.

They have and encoder on the back.

What type of encoder is this called, I assume it is a magnetic pick up encoder. So you would supply power to the encoder wires RED, WHITE, BLACK. Then as the shaft spins and the disc passes through the gap that has a magnetic field, it must detect some inductance pulses? Then this would be what you then wire up to an IC to use the pulses to count??

I'd like to find out what I have and what the specs are and if I can use it for a small project, ie will it have enough torque etc.

Attachments

• motor_1.jpg
    motor_1.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 145
  • motor_2.jpg
    motor_2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 123

Rleo6965

Jan 22, 2012
Slots on disc was for the optical sensor that will be converted into digital pulse signal for feedback control.

apples

Jul 1, 2012
Hey I had a look at the other motors I have and I have worked out from the part numbers on only one of them that this one in particular, not the one in the above photos, is a Mabuchi Motor RS-555PH

My part number is RS-555PH-22150 or RS-555PH-22180
Then under that is says Made in China
Then under that is has TD425410

Only the "RS-555PH" seems to bring up information. The other numbers don't seem to do anything for me in google.

If I could find the specs on this specific motor and the included IR photo interrupter I will have values to work with on this motor.

Andy ideas?