Connect with us

Help identify part

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by David English, Sep 11, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. David English

David English

Sep 11, 2013
    I have a part which looks like a small resistor from a laser printer fuser and don't know how to identify it. It is a solid color-medium green and labeled 1/16 ALF, I think. Last 3 letters could be something else. I think it acts as a fuse which burns out as soon as the fuser is first powered up in the laser printer.

One of you experts can probably tell me right away what it is and hopefully the specs for it so I can replace it. It'll save me over $100 on having to replace a perfectly good fuser.

Thanks.

2. john monks

john monks

Mar 9, 2012
    What is the make and model of your laser printer? What is the class and wavelength?
    I'm inclined to think this is a fuse but I can't tell for sure. If it was mine I might be inclined to place successfully smaller resistors across the device until the laser started putting out light.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
  3. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Do you have a photo?

4. David English

David English

Sep 11, 2013
    Printer model and part

It's an OKI C6100. And I've discovered that the part is a 1/16 amp picofuse.

Thx for helping.

Ask a Question