Connect with us

Help identifing a cement resistor

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by maycko1978, Jan 18, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. maycko1978

maycko1978

Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi there
    welcome to the forums :)

3Watt 15k Ohm (15,000 Ohms)

Dave

3. maycko1978

maycko1978

Sep 2, 2012
    I can't seem to find any cement resistors that will match it, what else can I use?

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    you can use one with axial leads (leads coming out of the ends).

Place one lead through one hole, then bend the other one over so it goes down the side and int the other hole.

Do mot bend too close to the body or over too short a radius (start the bend a few mm from the body and have a nice smooth bend that does the 180 so the lead is the right distance to go straight down to the hole). I often bend them around the jaw of a small pair of pliers.

It may be a good idea to get some insulation off some wire and slip it over the lead. You don't really know what voltage is on it (it's likely to be quite high). Do this before you bend the wire.

If you do this, make sure the resistor will physically fit and not rub up against anything.

Ask a Question