Connect with us

Help! I am looking for a diode BYY57-400C or equivalent

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by stu, Dec 24, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. stu

stu

Dec 1, 2014
    Hi All

I am after a diode BYY57-400C have found some in Portugal but unable to find any in the u.k. I need 16,

does anyone have any they would sell or any ideas where I might get some they need to be in this package thought they make up the bridge rectifier in a welder

have uploaded a photo of the package

thanks in advance stu

Attached Files:

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    I've had a look in the normal places I would try to source diodes and not found anything.

If you can determine the specs of these devices then maybe we can fins something similar.

3. stu

stu

Dec 1, 2014
    Hi Steve merry Christmas and thanks for your assistance

I have uploaded extracts from the datasheet ideally the dimensions would be the same as the diodes press into a heat sink however its beginning to look like I'm might have to improvise on this

thanks

Stu

Attached Files:

4. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Sorry for the delay in responding.

Here is a list of potentially useful diodes. Note that these are not the press-fit style. You would need ones which have the stud connected to the anode (and for that you need to check out the more detailed specs).

5. micoh

micoh

Dec 30, 2014
    I find someone showed BYY57/300E only...

Ask a Question