Maker Pro
Maker Pro

help for understanding SMD marking code

amk_127

May 6, 2014
Hi
I have a board with SMD parts from a special device. I have found the datasheet for all of them except 3 parts. These are 3 pin tiny smd parts. At the top overlay of the board beside all of these parts is written "Q_" (for example Q6). I think these are BJT or maybe MOSFETs. But I couldn't find these part numbers in the internet and even in some SMD marking books. I'm wondering if anyone can help me and find the datasheet for these parts.
The marking on these parts are attached.
Best Regards

Q1.png

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
Hopefully someone will recognize this marking system (I don't). In most cases, while this marking system seems more detailed than most I've seen, it helps a lot if you know who the manufacturer is.
Can you determine from the manufacturer of your special device, who, may have supplied these parts?
U.S. or European? Asian Pacific Rim? It would help a lot.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
2AZ3F could be an MMBT3906 where Z3F designates the datcode. Unfortunately the datasheet does not specify the format of the datecode, so this is speculation on my part.

For A9 there are a few possibilities, see here.

L8ZZB could be a BAT721, but again this is speculation based on the initial letters and the CliveTec SMD markings page.