Connect with us

help for motor from laminator

Discussion in 'Sensors and Actuators' started by MadBoy79, Mar 9, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. MadBoy79

MadBoy79

Nov 30, 2012
  2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Firstly, what sort of laminator is it? Some are not suited to toner transfer (which is probably what you're trying to do).

Here is information on one that is very well suited.

However, I agree that slowing the motor speed would be great.

Probably the best way is to find another motor with a higher gearing ratio (say 2-3 RPM rather than 5-6 RPM).

Or you could simply run the board through several times.

edit: I'd say the TY-50A 2.5/3 RPM would be something to try.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  3. john monks

john monks

Mar 9, 2012
    I think your out of luck.
    A TY-50AF is a synchronous motor. The only way you can reliably change the speed is with a complicated sin wave variable frequency oscillator or by changing the gear ratio in the motor assembly.
    A synchronous motor iron is locked to the line frequency. They are typically used in clocks.

4. MadBoy79

MadBoy79

Nov 30, 2012

https://be.hama.com/86520/hama-a41-laminator-din-a4
    i have thermal fuse 190℃ - and 2 thermostats - KSD301 - : 50 ~ 175℃
    My laminator will regulate temperature and anything else.
    I got there two thermostats - one for the heater laminators up to 175℃ , and one thermostat for LED when the temperature is reached.so I saw of twisted cables. By day two will paint scheme and Laminators

5. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    Sorry, I posted on the wrong link. Probably not useful for you, but maybe interesting to someone. Here.

I might pull my laminator apart (again). I'm pretty sure the motor in mine looks like yours. If it is and anyone can find a source for the geared down motors then this thread would make us both happy :)

I was contemplating passing every third half-cycle to the motor and seeing if that would be effective (cheap-ass 16.67Hz). I assume it would reduce the torque though.

On my laminator you really do need quite a bit of torque from the motor as you insert the board, so I'm not convinced my technique would be very successful.

6. MadBoy79

MadBoy79

Nov 30, 2012
    I apologize if you understood me wrong :)
    link you showed me is great, but I showed my laminator what model is.
    According to the search engines - to change the speed of this type of motors - to change the frequency - which in my case is impossible or very complicated and difficult.

I came across several models bikes - one:
    0.8 ~ 1 RPM - but a different axis: http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h366/imteam1/J96/J91b-1.jpg

2.5 RPM :
    http://m2.uxcell.com/i/12d/ux_a12101600ux0155_ux_c.jpg
    A friend of mine gave me the idea
    attach to the body of this motor - DC motor and take off main motor. And then i have variable speed

7. Electrobrains

Electrobrains

Jan 2, 2012
    It would be very interesting to to know how such solution would work with a synchronous motor.
    You would lose the clean sine wave and get a lot of harmonics. My guess is that it would be very noisy and inefficient.

p.s. A while ago I bought a second hand programmable power inverter on Ebay. It's really good. You can adjust both frequency and voltage.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  8. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  9. MadBoy79

MadBoy79

Nov 30, 2012
    It is a very good idea.
    scheme is not complicated - will assemble and test :)

10. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    It seems simpler than what I was thinking about, and simple is good.my concern is that 1/2 sec of movement may produce bands across the board, but maybe the movement is small enough not to.

MadBoy79, if you try this please report back. Success or failure, I'd like to know.

Multiple passes introduces the risk of something slipping (it happens frequently) and that should be eliminated with a single pass solution.

11. MadBoy79

MadBoy79

Nov 30, 2012
    I came to the following calculation.
    motor makes five revolutions per minute - that's 360 degrees for 12 seconds.
    for 1/2 second = 15 degrees rotation and waiting, turn 15 degrees and waiting

12. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    Yes, I would also like to know how it works out.

Bob

13. MadBoy79

MadBoy79

Nov 30, 2012
    There was one complication :)
    a few days will leave an emergency business trip to another city - and there I can have the opportunity to assemble.
    Will be back in 3 months :)

14. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    No problems. We'll be here...

15. MadBoy79

MadBoy79

Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  16. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    I've built a circuit with around 0.25 sec ON, 3 seconds OFF.

The results look good at the moment. But I've only placed an old toner image on a dirty board so far. Really only a "smoke test"

I'll post the circuit a little later.

But on to more testing right now.

Ask a Question