Connect with us

Help for ELF (extreme low frequency) design

Discussion in 'Microcontrollers, Programming and IoT' started by electronicNovice, Aug 27, 2018.

1. electronicNovice

electronicNovice

Jul 26, 2015
    I wanted to design circuit that outputs extreme low frequency, between 4hz and 10Khz. I want to use microprocessor. I have found some microprocessors that outputs that kind of frequency. The problem is the amplitude of the signal. Has to be around 10-12V. Usually the microprocessor outputs 5V. Any idea how can I go with this design and what microprocessor to use.
    Thanks

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    4 Hz ... 10 kHzz can be generated by various means. If you opt for a microcontroller: (almost) any microcontroller will happily generate a signal in this frequency range.
    As for amplitude: use an amplifier. Circuits for amplifiers that work well in this frequency range can be found on the internet.

3. WHONOES

WHONOES

May 20, 2017
    What sort of waveform do you want to generate?

4. electronicNovice

electronicNovice

Jul 26, 2015
    square waveform.

5. BobK

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
    What is the load?

BobK

6. WHONOES

WHONOES

May 20, 2017
    The ubiquitous 555 would do that easily over the voltage range you quote and, it is easy to vary the pulse width if desired.

7. kellys_eye

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
    Just purchase a bog standard audio signal generator.

Most have outputs that go to 15V (or more), range from 0.01Hz to 100kHz and have sine, square and sawtooth waveform outputs.

8. WHONOES

WHONOES

May 20, 2017
    Perfectly true.

Ask a Question