Connect with us

Help Fixing Sister's Toy

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Repair' started by Lexicon, Aug 9, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Lexicon

Lexicon

Aug 9, 2014
    My sister owns a plush Pikachu toy which, when it's hands are pressed, will move and speak.

webcam-toy-photo2.jpg

The battery pack is located in a pouch on the bottom, which is sealed with Velcro and opens to reveal a three AA unit (Pictures below).

webcam-toy-photo1.jpg

She hasn't used it in a while, and when she asked me to replace the batteries for her, it didn't light up or make any noise. I have tried multiple sets of batteries, checking polarity, etc. My efforts were in vain, however, and I could not get the Pikachu to work. As far as I could tell, there was no corrosion on the battery unit. I suspect the wiring might have frayed, as this is a very old item. Does anyone know how to rejuvenate this toy? The model is "Electronic I Choose You: Pikachu" by Hasbro.

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    It may be a broken wire between the batteries and the rest of the electronics inside. Perhaps the switch inside is broken. Or perhaps it is totally dead.

I'd try to find a way to get at the electronics inside (this will probably mean unstitching some of the covering in a way that you can stitch it up again if you have success.

Ask a Question