Maker Pro
Maker Pro

help finding part "psi sensor"

martin the warrior

Aug 10, 2015
I need a small 1"x1" wireless pressure sensor that measures up to 90 psi this is for my bike tires. I want a display that shows what the psi is. I looked at google and the resource page on this forum. I found one but it was $300 -_- for wireless. some wired ones were like $20 but only went up to 20 psi. if there is a sensor i can wire to a WIFI part and get a display with wifi for a decent price I dont mind connecting stuff. but I dont know much about electronics so nothing complicated. and as always any suggestions or ideas im all ears. any other details you need just ask.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
I'm curious about how you intend you use this.
Are you expecting to have the sensor operate WHILE you're riding the bike?
Or is this something you intend to attach while in storage between bike rides, to let you know you need air before you take the bike out for a spin?
The reason I ask, is that I would expect the psi sensor would have to be reasonably rugged, to survive the g's of rotation and road hazard weather, etc, ...
as opposed to something that would be relatively 'safe' from physical abuse.

martin the warrior

Aug 10, 2015
fair point. I would like it to be able to tell me air psi while riding. conditions are: road, mountain, cold during the winter, fair during the summer, and rainy/snowy can get up to 30 mph. they do make BTPS (Bike Tire Pressure Sensor) for bikes but they are $140 I always figure its cheaper to make stuff your self and more fun. but I cant seem to find a PSI sensor that will work. BTPS work by placing it between the inner tube and tire. there is then an app for your phone, smart watch, and high end bike computers and the sensor sends the data to them. I dont have any thing fancy like that. I do have a bike computer but it does not have wifi or Bluetooth.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
$140 is probably VERY cheap considering the technology involved
I seriously doubt the home constructor could replicate a Wi-Fi/BT device e that can handle the assoc conditions for $140