Connect with us

Help finding DC barrel panel mount Jack

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by Mustwin351, Oct 6, 2013.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Mustwin351

Mustwin351

Apr 10, 2013
    Having trouble finding a panel mount jack that will accept a barrel plug sized at OD: 3.5mm, ID: 1.35mm, Legnth: 10mm

Basically what I'm trying to to do is mount a jack in a small project box that will accept a small plug at 5V dc. The cheap adapters I have found are the size I mentioned above so I was looking for a panel mount jack to accept it.

I am open to any ideas on how to get 5v regulated dc from a wall wart to my box.

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Not quite sure what you want.

You specify something with an inner diameter equal to the outer diameter. That's not going to happen. Perhaps you mis-typed?

Can you show us the plug?

If your plugpack is regulated, you should not need another regulator if you want the same voltage.

3. Mustwin351

Mustwin351

Apr 10, 2013
  4. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    How about this?

Search for "male barrel power connector" (or similar)

5. Mustwin351

Mustwin351

Apr 10, 2013
    Thanks Steve only problem though is I need it to be panel mount.

6. (*steve*)

Jan 21, 2010
    I couldn't find any at digikey that were panel mount. mouser has a terrible interface and I didn't look any further. Where have you looked (there are many other sites)?

7. Mustwin351

Mustwin351

Apr 10, 2013
    All over the web. I was hoping to find that size because all the wall adapters I've found that have a larger barrel connector are like twice as much. I may have to bite the bullet and spend more. Just odd that that 3.5 size is so hard to find.

Thanks for your help Steve.

8. brevor

brevor

Apr 9, 2013
    Jamecowww.jameco.com has those. You don't show your location, Jameco is in Belmont, Calif. USA.

Ask a Question