Connect with us

Help finding a part!!!

Discussion in 'Electronic Design' started by [email protected], Dec 30, 2005.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Guest

    I'm looking for a simple electronic switch that will relay 120VAC at
    60Hz and can be controlled by an external control signal (on/off). It
    seems like something like this would be standard but I'm having trouble
    finding it. Any ideas? The less expensive the better.

  2. scada

    scada Guest

    More info needed. Is this to be used in a home? How much current is being
    switched? Is the load inductive (motor, etc...)? Google "X10", it may work
    for you if your criteria fits.
  3. John Fields

    John Fields Guest

    In the first place, you ought to be asking that kind of question in
    sci.electronics.basics, and in the second you ought to learn how to
    use google for other than just posting to newsgroups.

    Having said that, what you're looking for is called a "relay" and
    they're ubiquitous. How much current do you want this "relay" to
    control, and what kind of a control signal do you want to be able to
    turn it on and off with?
  4. Ken Taylor

    Ken Taylor Guest

    Are you switching 120VAC, 60Hz, or do you want to switch 120VAC at 60 times
    per second?

    If the former, use a relay or contactor plus an electrician; if the second
    we need more info.

Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day