Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help figuring out this switching driver.

PainfullyGrounded

Nov 20, 2014
Many of the cheap switcher modules on Ebay have a current limit adjustment. These can be used as a constant current supply by setting the current limit to the desired value and setting the voltage limit at the max.

Bob

Well the ones I have found that fit my application are usually too big. Im looking for the smallest form factor possible.
Besides, this is so much more fun. Because im still learning it provides me with a better understanding
as to what parts to use, and the role they play. Now if I can only get the steam from my ears to stop :eek:

PainfullyGrounded

Nov 20, 2014
One other question and I cant edit my last post... You have the LT1006 in there, can I possibly substitute with a LM358? Also the parts in your diagram, C6 is a cap after the inductor and another at C5 is this where the addon circuit starts? and where is the output? Im still not understanding this fully, if a brief run through of the parts and what they're doing is possible, it would really help.

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
No as I said I just used a regulator I found in the library. The opamp and associated components are the add on.
Thanks
Adam

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
One other question and I cant edit my last post... You have the LT1006 in there, can I possibly substitute with a LM358? Also the parts in your diagram, C6 is a cap after the inductor and another at C5 is this where the addon circuit starts? and where is the output? Im still not understanding this fully, if a brief run through of the parts and what they're doing is possible, it would really help.
You have to choose an opamp who's input extends to 0V so yes you should be able to. Don't just take my design and hope it will work with other components. You will have to make sure they are all compatible. My design was a guide to get you going and to show one way it could be done.
Adam