Connect with us

Help Determining SMD

Discussion in 'Datasheets, Manuals and Component Identification' started by GarlicFingers, May 8, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. GarlicFingers

GarlicFingers

May 8, 2014
    Hello, I've been trying to determine the model of a surface mount device on an IC for an automotive voltage regulator. Attached is a picture of the regulator.

The circle in red is where I removed the device. Unfortunately, I have no picture of the device at this time so I will describe it:
    • It is 2.3 mm x 2.3 mm square (measured with a caliper it is approx. 0.091 in. x 0.091 in.)
    • It's thickness is between 0.4 and 0.6 mm
    • I beleive the package type is QFN and it has twelve leads
    • There are multiple arrows (or chevrons) all facing the same direction. There are no other markings on it. I beleive the arrows/chevrons are for orientation purposes.
    • The voltage regulator assembly comes from a mid to late nineties Ford alternator.
    I will try to post a picture of it. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. davenn

davenn Moderator

Sep 5, 2009
    hi there
    welcome to the forums :)

unless some one has access to one of those units to be able to see what the chip is
    you will be pretty much out of luck
    chances are its also a propriety chip, meaning it wont be able to be purchased on its own

your other choice would be to visit a car wrecker and buy a used unit

cheers
    Dave

Ask a Question