Connect with us

Help design circuit from transfer function

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by pas2007, Sep 25, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. pas2007

pas2007

Sep 25, 2015
    Hello i am new to this forum.

I want to design a circuit with 5 opamps that implements this function transfer: G(s)=10/[(s+1) (s+5)]

it must be like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/opsaabvrvighvqm/opamp.JPG?dl=0

i don't know much about this type of project but any help would be great.

Thank you

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Why does it have to be like this? Is this an assignement or homework? In that case I'll transfer it to the homework forum.

Write that equation as: G(s)=10 * 1/(s+1) * 1/(s+5) and you'll see that it has three terms:
    10 = gain, can be obtained by a simple gain stage or integrated into the filter stages by giving them gain.
    1/(s+1) = 1st order low pass filter
    1/(s+5) = 1st order low pass filter
    Multiplying these 3 terms is equivalent to a series connection of the 3 equivalent subcircuits.
    The 1st order low pass filter is described e.g. in the Wikipedia - I guess that's where you took the image from and you could have linked to the Wikipedia article directly instead.

The issue is being discussed in detail e.g. here.

3. pas2007

pas2007

Sep 25, 2015
    Thank you for the theory.
    It is not a homework but a professor of mine asked me to bulid a ''silly'' circuit with 5 opamps for educational purpose.

Ask a Question