Connect with us

Help converting schematic to stripboard layout

Discussion in 'General Electronics Discussion' started by hencethus, Apr 8, 2015.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. hencethus

hencethus

Apr 8, 2015
    I found this schematic to make a 120Hz LED strobe for adjusting the speed of my turntable:

[​IMG]

I'm totally new to hobbyist electronics, but I've managed to get it working on a breadboard. Now I need to get it onto stripboard, and find a case for it.

The schematic came with PCB artwork:
    [​IMG]

But I don't have the means or know-how to make a PCB.

I got some 20x100 stripboard instead (this stuff: http://amzn.com/B008CHCQ8C).

Can anyone help me with designing a layout for stripboard? The LEDs would need to be near the edge of the board, but other than that it should just be as compact as possible.

Here's what I managed to come up with on my own using VeeCAD (maybe this is already good?):

[​IMG]

I've got the resistors standing up so that they take up less space, but they don't have to be that way.

Thanks!

2. KMoffett

KMoffett

Jan 21, 2009
    Easier way is get a free strobe disk and use a neon pilot lamp.
    Google: turntable strobe disc

Ken

3. hencethus

hencethus

Apr 8, 2015
    That might be easier, but this is more fun and I'll learn more. And I'm most of the way there already.

4. hencethus

hencethus

Apr 8, 2015
    So I found some mistakes in my stripboard layout. Here it is updated and correct:
    [​IMG]

Here it is all put together except for the switch, since I'm not sure what kind of case I'm going to put it in yet.

[​IMG]

It works as intended, and I'm pretty happy with it.

brittonv likes this.
Ask a Question