Connect with us

Help building circuit

Woo-Woo Discussion in 'Twilight Zone' started by gnosis1123, May 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Scroll to continue with content
  1. gnosis1123

gnosis1123

May 22, 2013
    I'm trying to build this circuit:

http://www.hearingvoices-is-voicetoskull.com/Dir589654/Booklets/555TachometerCircuit.pdf

I'm an amateur when it comes to electronics, so I was wondering if anyone with more experience could verify if my method is correct:

(1) The voltage source is +12V
    (2) It is not necessary to implement the meter on the bottom-right.
    (3) I can simply buy 15K, 5K, and 1K resistors without regard for any other parameter (i.e., voltage, amperage, etc.). The same goes for the 0.1 microfarad capacitors and 9V zener diodes.

Finally, would it be possible to implement a microphone in the circuit? I do not know where it would be positioned nor what kind of microphone to use.

2. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Woo Woo alert!

3. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    The linked PDF is named "555TachometerCircuit". It does look like it could be a tachometer design. It won't work properly because the resistance of R7 in the supply circuit is far too high, and there is not enough information in that one schematic to tell how it is supposed to be installed and used.

If you are looking for a tachometer circuit, do a Google search. You need a lot more than just a schematic.

As for the rest of the site, it's clearly woo woo, as Steve said; the ramblings of a brain that is deluded, if not mentally ill (my guess would be schizophrenia), and will only serve to waste your time.

Ask a Question