Maker Pro
Maker Pro

HELP ASAP molex to barrel

atom

Jul 8, 2016
Hey i'm trying to convert a 2x molex to a 6 pin pcie to a 2x molex to barrel plug. I have uploaded a picture of the 2x molex to 6 pin pcie I have and I have already removed all the wires from the pcie. Now my question is how would I go about installing the wires on a solderless 2.5 x 5.5mm barrel plug?
The yellow cable has to go to positive slot and black cable to negative slow, am I right in thinking this? Also what about the brown wire, where does that go if anywhere?
Thanks in advance for any replies and any help!!

Attachments

• IMG_0486.JPG
    IMG_0486.JPG
    415.9 KB · Views: 72

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
We need to know what you're wiring-up?
What are the two devices you're attempting to connect?

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Hey i'm trying to convert a 2x molex to a 6 pin pcie to a 2x molex to barrel plug. I have uploaded a picture of the 2x molex to 6 pin pcie I have and I have already removed all the wires from the pcie. Now my question is how would I go about installing the wires on a solderless 2.5 x 5.5mm barrel plug?
The yellow cable has to go to positive slot and black cable to negative slow, am I right in thinking this? Also what about the brown wire, where does that go if anywhere?
Thanks in advance for any replies and any help!!
You start out sounding like you know exactly what you need to do... but then you seem to get stuck/derailed at the easy part...

Have you looked at the pin-out for the 4-pin molex you are wanting to modify? *Never* rely on the colors of the wires alone. Look at their position, or measure with a multi-meter.
4-Pin Molex Connectors should have 12V, 5V, and two ground connections.
One you identify the wires you need, you should easily be able to connect the appropriate wires to the barrel plug. Do you have it in hand already?