Maker Pro
Maker Pro

hello

martin the warrior

Aug 10, 2015
Im very new to the real world applications of electronics. I have played with redstone on minecraft for about 6 months. It was easy and simple thought I knew electronics made a 8 bit ALU that did +-x and all logic functions hooked up a GPU and BCD and created EEPROM for it. and clocks on minecraft cant be fast it was a 2.3 second clock so it took 2.3 seconds to execute an instruction couldnt do anything with it. I then made an 8 bit AU that was on a .4 second clock but all it could do was add and subtract, and had PROM :(. I then revamped my system 8 bit AU that was on a .5 second clock and had networking (CAN) with USB. I made 4 of these and hooked them up together all the information went to a GPU cache and it still didnt do much so. I started on Logisim and wow it really is a completely different thing (if you play minecraft you'll understand.) I dont know how much help I can get but any would be awesome. I have a basic understanding of most of the components on logisim but im just not understanding how it all works together, but I do understand how it works together its a wierd conundrum. I have little understanding of programming and a solid understanding of hardware (as far as i know.) I hope to learn lots. I have an associates degree in automotive/diesel technology with FACT (ford accelerated credentials training.) from universal technical institute.

Last edited:

martin the warrior

Aug 10, 2015
IMG_0737[2].JPG here is a picture of one of my ALUs for anyone who might care to see one :) i went onto imgur to add descriptions of each part but it wouldn't upload sorry :/ the specs: 16 bits of RAM, 8 bits of ROM, 8 bits of input data, 4 bit I/O CAN, 4 bit "insta carry" adder with logic: AND, OR, XOR, NOT, subtraction, 2 4 bit AX registers one for input A and one for input B, 512 bits of program memory, 2 4 bit output caches, 2 second clock for 30 instruction lines executed per minute multiple intructions per line can be added, 4 bit binary to urinary decoder, seven segment display.

Last edited:

martin the warrior

Aug 10, 2015
hello i havent been on in like 5 months i got sidetracked with some stuff and didnt have time for electronics. im just posting so i can reintroduce myself. :) hope thats not weird.