Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hello, Welcome! (Introduce yourself)

willqa

Dec 4, 2012
Hello every one My name is Will a telecom Engineer originally from Orlando but currently working in Dubai I am 23 years old
my interests are Telecommunications, Networking, Electronics, Robotics, Music and Guitars, Android, and sky diving. basically anything that weird interests me

hope to be of a great help here thank you very much

glacier985

Dec 17, 2012
Hello, I'm new here, name is Justin. I joined to get some help with an electrical issue I am having and can't seem top figure it out. I am somewhat experienced with electronics with a degree in computer engineering. I hope to get the problem fixed and learn some new things that I didn't learn in school.

lemite

Nov 27, 2012
Education is a continues process

Hello, I'm new here, name is Justin. I joined to get some help with an electrical issue I am having and can't seem top figure it out. I am somewhat experienced with electronics with a degree in computer engineering. I hope to get the problem fixed and learn some new things that I didn't learn in school.

Welcome Justin to Electronics Forum. Like me also wants to learn new things in electronics. Education is a continues process and we have to be abreast with new technologies. Have a nice day!

Username99

Apr 26, 2012
Hi everyone

Hi everyone, Mark here from Ireland. I have long been interested in electronics but have not got much experience. I am going to return to education next year and hope to study in the electronics area, I have joined this site to broaden my knowledge in the area and hopefully when I learn something I can build some prototypes of projects that interest me.
Happy Christmas by the way.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Hello and welcome to our new members.

shoaib.attar

Dec 24, 2012
hello everyone,
Myself shoaib from Pune, INDIA. Electronics has always been my part of interest.
I have some hands-on experience of robotics, digital, micro-controller based circuits, also have some interesting ideas & stuff to share and implement.
I hope to find some helpful information. ;)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Hi there Shoaib. I visit India every 1 or 2 years and I stay in Pune while I'm there (at a place on Shankarshet road)

I hope you can find helpful information, and even better if you can share your interesting ideas.

awaynek

Dec 28, 2012
hi everyone, I'm a retired electrical inspector-electrician with interests in diy electronics. Have built cb antennas from scratch in the long lost past and remember, Olson elctronics and Heathkit. Working now on my ameteur radio license and still travel with a cb in my truck

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
greetings awaynek :)
welcome to Electronics Point

good to hear that you are aiming for your amateur licence :) maybe we may chat on 40m or 20m one day
I have mainly been interested in the microwave bands ... 1 GHz and up and havent had a HF contact in at least a couple of years haha
I have been licenced for a bit over 30 years

cheers
Dave
VK2TDN

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hey there techna
welcome to the Electronics Point Forums :)

where in this wide world are you from and what is your electronics background ?

Dave

SilverBlack

Feb 6, 2013
NOOB.

Hello everyone,
Thought i would do the decent thing and introduce myself. My name is Martin, i live in the UK and i have joined this group to build a a couple of projects ( same thing slightly different size ) to prove a point to someone who is very arrogant and obtuse . I thought it would be as simple as pie until i realised i would have to more than likely need a programmer from uni who would like to make some easy money to program the ATMEL chips so thought the best way to find the info is to join a forum and ask people in the know who has the expertise in this field. This is the first time i have joined a forum like this so i will tread gently as i don't like to upset people. Peace and love to you all..PS: I have had no experience in this field but i am a fast learner and have the all the chip no's etc i need for this very small project........

Last edited:

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hey there Martin
Welcome to the Electronics Point Forum :)

There are several guys on here that are knowledgable with programming small micros
do a post over in the microprocessor section of the forum and describe clearly what you project entails :)

Dave

crazetronics

Feb 7, 2013
Hello I am Abhishek Sharma, student of electrical engineering from India.
I am currently working on my website http://www.crazetronics.siterubix.com on electronics for students, and I really need content ideas and suggestions for the same. I am really interested in the things that are about to change the electronics industry like photonics and carbon nanotubes. I will be thankful to you if you can help me..

flypadre

Jan 30, 2013
Hello!

Hi everyone at Electronics Point. My name is Sean and I live in the US. I have been into computers as a hobby for the past 30 years and have recently become interested in the many things that can be done with hardware which has brought me into the study of electronics circuitry.
All this is a hobby for me, I don't have any science degrees, in fact I am at the opposite end with degrees in literature, philosophy, and theology.
I already want to thank the people on the forum that have provided me with an explanation to a question I had.
It looks like there are some very friendly people here and I am happy to be a part of it all.
Thanks
Sean

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Welcome Sean.

No science degrees necessary. Some may suggest that theology might be a distinct advantage.

techna

Jan 18, 2013
Hey, I am from India & I am a student. I was not much interested in electronics until my studies brought me in contact with it. I am a beginner & sometimes, the most basic of things confuse me. But I am a fast learner & I want to change my status from a beginner in the field of electronics, to being an expert. Hope never dies. :)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Hi techna.

Welcome to Electronics Point.

My advice for you is to start simple and work up.

You can't become an expert in a day, and you need to have the basics fully under control.

dudesinu

Feb 13, 2013
Hi there.. I am doing a project on Amplifier..Its 300watts using Mosfet. For power supply, they metioned 40-0-40 640VA transformer. I have doubt the secondary voltage will be 40v-0v-40v but what would be the secondary current require. Primary voltage is 240 Volt(AC).... Please help me ... its urgent and i have to finish by the end of this month...

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
40-0-40V 640VA equates to approximately 8A RMS from the secondary.