Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hello, Welcome! (Introduce yourself)

KingWhiskers

Apr 6, 2020
Hello, I’m interested in repairing synthesizers/keyboards, electronic toys, and video games.

I searched the forum for a category specific to repairing those items, but I didn’t see one. My current project is a toy called a Kawasaki
sax-a-boom. If someone could offer advice on where to start this thread, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.
There are some very clever people around here and I am pretty sure that you will be able to get some help from here. The most important thing is description of the problem and some photos generally help. You won't be getting answers from me as I am a bit of a newbie and need help myself, but welcome all the same.

sa-ak25

Nov 24, 2021
Hi! I just registered. I did so because of issues regarding Tape playback on my Panasonic SA-AK25. May I start a new thread in the proper section about it?

sa-ak25

KingWhiskers

Apr 6, 2020
Welcome, post away. Be clear and some photos generally help if you get into the nitty gritty innards of something.
:)

Illumin

Sep 18, 2021
Hello Everyone,
I live in the U.S.A. I'm an Industrial Electrician and Process Instrumentation Technician. I have grown to really enjoy tinkering with electronics and also the relationship between hardware and programming code. I'm looking forward to learning from others.
On a side note, is this forum on TapaTalk app? It sure would be convenient to have all forums in one place on my phone.
Cheers!

KingWhiskers

Apr 6, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I live in the U.S.A. I'm an Industrial Electrician and Process Instrumentation Technician. I have grown to really enjoy tinkering with electronics and also the relationship between hardware and programming code. I'm looking forward to learning from others.
On a side note, is this forum on TapaTalk app? It sure would be convenient to have all forums in one place on my phone.
Cheers!
Welcome, there are some really good guys on here, just be clear in what you need and describe it well with a few photos if possible and someone will pick it up and help.
Cheers!

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hello Everyone,
Cheers!

welcome aboard :)

zaheer

Jan 12, 2022
Hello All,
I am Zaheer Ahmad. I have vast experience in electronics repair and reverse engineering.

Madison Motors

Jan 27, 2022
Hello! I'm working with an open source logic board to control the power stage of an ev inverter. I've gotten in a little over my head and am looking for some help.

EricInthecircle

Apr 8, 2022
Greetings, My name is Eric, I am a beginner when it comes to electronics, have built some curicuts and done some arduino stuff, mostly around LEDs. I've built a Light up interactive sculpture that reacts when people walk through it. I intend to build more light up sculptures so am learning more about electronics. I also like to fix things because it is very satisfying to not throw things away that are easily fixable.

KingWhiskers

Apr 6, 2020
Hi Eric, welcome to the forum. Some clever guys on here. Not me though, I'm a newbie just learning KiCad to make a RGB 8x8x8 cube. I find it interesting but still very much a beginner.

KingWhiskers

Apr 6, 2020
Hi Richard, welcome to the forum. Some knowledgeable guys on here. Give a good description of your problem, good close up photos help. I'm still a newbie but like to dabble. Latest thing was the washing machine started behaving like a disco with the control panel lights flashing like crazy. Long story short, took out the power control board and all looked fine and was a bit disappointed as I was expecting to find a blown capacitor. Everything looked OK at first glance. Gave them all a little wobble and lo and behold the 22 uf 400V capacitor fell off one connection. There was a dry joint and it had corroded and burnt the board. unsoldered all the capacitors, and tested them. I had built a meter to test them earlier. Even the one with a dry joint that had burnt the board tested ok. Repaired the board with a dremel by removing the burnt with a ball diamond grinder. Repaired the board with some high temperature epoxy. tinned the legs with some strong acid flux and tinned the board with the same Cleaned off with alcohol. Resoldered all the capacitors back on the board and the washing machine works!! Saving £250 for a replacement, would have cost around the same to have it professionally repaired, or more. Glad I did it being a bit greener to save waste. Ordered some spare capacitors and never had to use them.1652083456259.jpg 1652083352515.jpg 1652083265575.jpg 1652083487677.jpg

Ike Mhlanga

Feb 12, 2018
Hi,
my name is Ike. I ma from Harare Zimbabwe.
I am a retired Electrical Engineer who is into all sorts of new technology.
as of now I m into Class D amplifiers and Imbedded Systems.
I hope to share and contribute as much as I can.

Regards
Ike