Connect with us

Hello I'm Jamie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jamisonia, Sep 2, 2011.

1. jamisonia

jamisonia

Sep 2, 2011
    Hi I'm Jamie. I've recently gotten into electronics in the past 6 months due to by video game hobby. As you may or may not know retro video gaming can entail quite a bit of modification. Usually this is modifying for making region switches so the systems can play games from all regions, or some sort of video mod to improve the video quality of the system. I'm here to help myself better understand electronics and be able to do mods nobody has done before. Right now I'm good at following somebody's directions, but I don't really understand the fundamentals of what I'm doing, or how the person designed the mod.

2. davelectronic

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
    Newbie welcome

Hi jamisonia.
    Welcome to the forum, ive played a few of those retro games a few years ago now.
    I am not really a gamer, i lose my patience with it and end up giving up, or throwing out the window, not always open lol.
    You could pick up some basic electronics books, those intended for the beginner are ideal, you mention switches, start there and move through the basics, it will come together.
    Hope you enjoy the forum. Dave. :)

Ask a Question