Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hello, I want to like this!

Scruffneck

Jan 8, 2014
Hello, :)

I'm pretty new to all this. What I mean is I vaguely remember doing this stuff at school but not to any great degree beyond resistor calculations and Ohm's law. Now I'm 36 and once again, another of those studies from school has caught my arm again, obviously you can't do everything, but it's been a while. Now a mini project's come along and I'm back at school! Might even get a little hooked if it goes well. I worked with photocopiers in my late teens to mid-twenties so I've enough soldering experience to get by. My maths is like watching a ghetto kid learning to read, I get A.D.D. somewhere and then Tourette's'. My first project inline is to recreate a police Horn (not siren) for my cbr600rr. I guess I've not noticed a police horn in England but I imagine it's probably similar to the one I heard all the time in Istanbul. I rode from my house to south Cyprus and back and, aside from all the wonderful scenery bla bla bla along the way, I decided when I got back I'd have to either buy one or make one. Yes, I looked it up to buy one and it's too big because it has other stuff on it like sirens and big knobs, So anyway, I plan to make a miniature one. This is my introduction, hope you get me. Thread in the pipeline!

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Hi and welcome to Electronics Point. I have no idea what a police horn sounds like, but that may be a question for another thread.

Love the A.D.D. then Tourette's descrition :D