Maker Pro
Maker Pro

HELLO from ChrisGreaves

ChrisGreaves

Dec 29, 2020
My name is Chris(topher) Greaves. I am 74 years old, retired, and continue to program computers, something I started with a passion back in 1967. I have forgotten most of my High School Physics material in electrical energy. I live alone in a small bungalow in Bonavista (Newfoundland), right on the tip of the Bonavista Peninsula which spears into the North Atlantic Ocean.

There are numerous mysteries in Bonavista, of which the two greatest are:-

(1) We get 1,056 metres of precipitation each year, mostly rain water, and as far as I can see nobody makes use of it for any purpose.

(2) We get lashings of wind which sweeps across the town, free energy, and as far as I can see nobody makes use of it for any purpose.

I have set myself a Goal (and Objectives with Measurable Deliverables) to provide residents of Bonavista educational examples in the use of the free energy which blows across the town 365 days per year. I will do this by transforming my home into a demonstration of 12vDC applications, assembled at low cost, so that residents can see that it works!

I have twenty-nine applications lined up, and am about to start on the first one.

I need mentoring to review the basic concepts of DC circuits for the first application, and then, as you might have guessed, continued mentoring as I build on my initial knowledge for the remaining objectives.

There will be a web page Real Soon Now where all is revealed (and logged, documented etc), but right now this is "HELLO", and a question: Which of your many informative forums should I join to start posing questions about assembling a $10 kit consisting of a vertical-axis wind-turbine to charge a single AA/AAA rechargeable battery?

Once I know where to post I will go there and post my current status with questions.

Cheers

Chris

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Hey @ChrisGreaves

Seasons Greetings and welcome to EP

For general electronics Q's and discussion

you could start posting in the General Electronics Discussion forum :)

for your power related project, post in the Power Electronics forum :)

Regards
Dave