Connect with us

Hello from Belgium

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by elib, May 9, 2016.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. elib

elib

May 9, 2016
    Hello everyone,

I present myself, Edouard from Belgium. I'm a mobile developer making apps mostly for Android and iOS.
    I decided to subscribe to this forum because I'm also passionated about making things from scratch (Iike 3d printing, programming and more recently electronic!).

I'm curently working on a project (with some other people) named agrome. It's a box that control everything to grow plant with sensors, leds light, pumps, heating system,... And I need some challenge or help on differents aspects of the project.
    -> I would be happy to introduce you this projet if you have interest on it ;)

P.S: sorry for frenchy english!

Edouard

2. Harald Kapp

Harald Kapp Moderator Moderator

Nov 17, 2011
    Welcome to EP, Edouard.
    We're looking forward to your contributions.

Harald

elib likes this.
  3. Herschel Peeler

Herschel Peeler

Feb 21, 2016

What problems are you having?

4. Alec_t

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
    Hi, Edouard. Welcome!

5. elib

elib

May 9, 2016
    Thanks all for the greetings!

@Herschel Peeler I mostly have trouble with electricity (power management) but I also would like to challenge my choices about used materials, biology and simply the concept I'm working on.

6. Herschel Peeler

Herschel Peeler

Feb 21, 2016
    LED grow lights are pretty popular and cheaper to operate than other options. So how much light do you need per plant? Water control is no problem. Fertilizer and pollination is best done manually. What kind of pot are you interested in growing? :)
    Seedlings take different lighting requirements than mature plants.

(edited to add ...)
    The Nol van Schaik story has been interesting to follow. Are social clubs still the allowed distribution method? Single plants are still allowed for personal use?

Forgive me if all this is wrong. I figured if you were a gardener you would already know these things.

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  7. elib

elib

May 9, 2016
    I'm not currently growing pot event if it could be optimised for it, it's illegal in my country.
    I'm using very specific leds of fours differents wavelenght (8 leds, about 8 watt). It's a minimalist box design to grow 5 plants or less depending the final size. The box is 20x20*40cm big.

8. Herschel Peeler

Herschel Peeler

Feb 21, 2016
    Last time I looked at such things (years ago) lighting for seedlings was different that for mature plants. I guess that might depend on what you are growing. It went something like this:

F1 spectrum, growth cycle
    Far Red (700 to 780 nm), 0.1%
    Red peak at 660 nm at 0.055 W/nm (600 to 725 nm), 76.8%
    Blue peak at 450 nm at 0.02 W/nm (400 nm to 500 nm), 22.8%
    Green (500 to 599 nm) 0.3%

F3 spectrum, germination through flowering cycle
    Far Red (700 to 780 nm), %
    Red peak at 660 nm at 0.055 W/nm (600 to 725 nm), 81%
    Blue peak at 450 nm at 0.01 W/nm (400 nm to 500 nm), 11%
    Green (500 to 599 nm) 0%

Last edited: May 18, 2016
Ask a Question