Connect with us

Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by VAT, Dec 10, 2012.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. VAT

VAT

Dec 10, 2012
    Hello Ladies and Gentleman, however I have a feeling it will be mostly gentleman.

I just signed up onto the forums. I am here because I have about 30 minutes per day of extra time, and I see value in exposing my self to variety of problems. I am 25 years old mainly working in very low power energy harvesting designs.

I am interested in variety of electronics projects, I have attempted a UAV in the past(Failed).. I am now working on a 3D printer(not failed...yet), I know they exist but there is a different satisfaction of witnessing the problems for your self.

I dont know what else to say so if you want to find out more just ask!

2. Ian

Ian Administrator

Aug 23, 2006
    Welcome aboard VAT, good to have you join us. I'd be very interested to hear more about your UAV experience - I studied aerospace for quite a few years, so I'm always interested in projects like this :).

3. VAT

VAT

Dec 10, 2012
    Hello Ian,

I was actually working with a gentleman who handled the aerospace aspect of the project, I was responsible for the electronics.

We were going for a typical predator UAV look, and we were aiming for it to be large.

As for the functionality we aimed high... auto lift, auto pilot, auto landing, the only thing we wanted from the user were high level instructions on destination. We also had a non jitter 180 degree real time camera. Out of all of that I believe we finished the aerospace designs, non jitter camera design(hardware, software, and mechanical), and auto landing(hardware design). At that point we had to stop.

Its a shame thou I really want to have finished a UAV project.

Are you specifically interested in UAV's? Have you attempted your own UAV?

4. Ian

Ian Administrator

Aug 23, 2006
    Sound very ambitious! I've not worked on a personal UAV project before - but that sounds like you had some key parts in a very interesting aircraft.

It's been about 6 years since I've done anything aerospace related, but I'm hoping to work on some rocketry projects sometime next year with another friend. We worked together on rocket engines a few years back, so it would be fun to put it back in to practice.

5. VAT

VAT

Dec 10, 2012
    rocket engines are definitely fun, I dont know much about them but there are some videos on youtube ive come across and they are very impressive

I think this has to be the most impressive one I have ever come across

Ask a Question