Connect with us

Hello all!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sunim, Dec 6, 2014.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Sunim

Sunim

Dec 6, 2014
    Hello. I'm from Kansas (please no wizard of OZ jokes). I'm 30 years old. I have very little experience with electronics so I'm teaching myself as I go.

Electronics kind of caught my attention recently. It's really pretty cool. I can't believe I've used so much electronics for so long without realizing how it works.

Sunim by the way is the korean word for monk. I feel like I'm living like a monk these days trying to save all my money.

2. Supercap2F

Supercap2F

Mar 22, 2014
    Hello Sunim! Welcome to Electronics Point! :) We're glad your here!

I've been through Kansas on a trip to Nebraska once, it was awesome.
    Dan

3. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Welcome to Electronics Point Sunim.

As I see, you've started off with a fairly common, and surprisingly complex question.

4. chopnhack

chopnhack

Apr 28, 2014
    Welcome Sunim, down the rabbit hole you go :D No worries, there, you will have great company to help you along the way!

5. KrisBlueNZ

KrisBlueNZ Sadly passed away in 2015

Nov 28, 2011
    Welcome to Electronics Point Sunim :) I hope you enjoy your time here.

6. Sunim

Sunim

Dec 6, 2014
    Yup, that was complicated. I'll try to stick to simpler things I can understand in the future.

7. (*steve*)

(*steve*) ¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd Moderator

Jan 21, 2010
    Using solar panels to power things is something that sounds like it should be easy, but it has all sorts of hidden complexity.

On the other hand, some things that you might think are really complex can have simple solutions.

And sometimes a complex solution can be achieved by purchasing those complex modules off the shelf. (MPPT chargers are an example)

KrisBlueNZ likes this.
  8. hevans1944

hevans1944 Hop - AC8NS

Jun 21, 2012
    This thread (Hello all!) in forum "Introductions" seems to have crossed to "Voltage Regulating Circuit Recommendations" in Forum "Circuit Help." This probably has nothing to do with Kansas or Oz.

KrisBlueNZ likes this.
Ask a Question