Connect with us

Heat sink question?

Discussion in 'Electronic Repair' started by George S, Aug 2, 2004.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. George S

    George S Guest

    I am working on a Fosgate Punch 500-2 amplifier. Someone attempted repairs
    on it before me and three of the aluminum bars that screw down over the IC's
    are missing. Any suggestions on what I can use in place of them to power up
    this amp?
  2. Sofie

    Sofie Guest

    make your own out of flat aluminum stock available at most hardware stores
    and hobby/craft stores.
  3. There are two logical options.

    Option 1:
    If you have one of these bars and the origionals are not available
    from the manufacture, take it to a machine shop and have the other
    three made for you.

    Option 2:
    Call the manufacture of the amp, and order the parts from their parts

    Jerry G.
  4. George S

    George S Guest

    I live in a rural area and as luck would have it, the local hardware stores
    don't stock any. They said they could special order me some, but I found a
    supplier on line Speedy Metals that will sell me a two foot bar for $5.40
    plus shipping.
    I was wondering if I could use something like a strip of steel in the mean
    George S
  5. George S

    George S Guest

    Since they are just plain aluminum stock, I found a source on line to order
    George S.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day