Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Heat Detector Question

[email protected]

Jun 20, 2013
I have an old heat detector with a black and white wire coming in and going out. Does that mean the heat detector just sits in line? It was left over in the kitchen. All the other ones are three wire and communicate.

Who makes replacements for this type of unit?

Any help appreciated.

205fluw.jpg

m1x6e.jpg

29xxfo8.jpg

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
There may be some form of communication on there making it so that if one detector goes off all of them in the house will, though its probably just setup that way so the power doesnt stop there.

It clearly goes in one side and out the other, each wire connects to a straight metal jumper to the other of the same color.

as for replacements we would need a model number and then maybe we can find something.

[email protected]

Jun 20, 2013
Thanks for the reply. Of course there is no name on the device, however this is an exact picture of what is on my ceiling. It is a Edwards Systems Technology 291B Fire/Heat Detector

291B.jpg

I would like to replace it since it is over 10 years old, however I am unaware of any replacements. I guess I could convert it by connecting the two blacks and adding a third wire - same with the white and then use a 3 wire model. Seems like a lot of word just to replace it. Rather use one of same type.