Connect with us

Heat controling circuit? (ie, Heat Troller type circuit)

Discussion in 'Electronic Basics' started by Spam Joseph, Jun 6, 2004.

Scroll to continue with content
  1. Spam Joseph

    Spam Joseph Guest

    I'm trying to find information on a heat controller type circuit,
    kinda like what heat troller ( makes. From what I
    understand, it supplies the full voltage to the heating element (in
    this case 12VDC), but limits the amount of time the heating element
    receives the voltage. So at full on, the heating element is getting
    12VDC all the time. At its lowest setting, it is pulsing 12VDC at only
    a tenth of a second for every second.

    I'd really like to find plans for one I can build on my own. I need to
    power a resistive element heater for a telescope (no more then 5watts
    @ 12VDC), but would like to increase battery time when I dont need the
    circuit on all the time.

    Or if there is another (better? easier?) circuit that could be used,
    I'm all ears.

  2. Tim Auton

    Tim Auton Guest

    You want a PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) circuit, PWM is the magic
    keyword that will find you loads of circuits on the web.

  3. There are many examples available on the internet. Here is one:
    Select key words from this example and use Google to search for more.
Ask a Question
Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?
You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.
Electronics Point Logo
Continue to site
Quote of the day